A bit more information...

... You will find the common bird name on the right side in the "Birds & Location" section.
Click on the species name above the first photo of each bird to learn more about that bird.
I have also placed a couple of slide shows here on the main page, but I am looking for feedback as far as what you would like to see here.
Thanks again for stopping by...


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Waxwings in Water

My plans for today were to originally go down to a local preserve to try and catch some of the last Sandhill Cranes before they all migrated out of the area - but I am fighting off the "crud-bug" from work so I took some photos of the birds playing  in the water here at home.


It turns out that young Cedar Waxwings tend to act just like their human counterparts...You will see one of them with their "punked out" look in the following pics...


(These two kind of reminds me of Don King!)


Here is a slide show of them playing & bathing with the robins in the birdbath...

These birds remind me of birds with built-on sunglasses!

No comments: